This is a great alternative if you are looking for a low-carb gluten free pizza! I can't stress this enough as to how good this taste and how similar it is to a real pizza. Don't feel bad for having two large slices, this recipe is low in calorie! (forgive my for my terrible pictures, I didn't have my canon on me at the time!)
Zucchini Crust Ingredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 almond flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 8 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
Pizza Sauce Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a baking sheet with pam.
- Combine all the items above into a large bowl. You may need to add additional flour to make the consistency of the zucchini to be like dough. *note this will not yield a pizza dough consistency. Think brownie batter! As long as everything is well combine and can hold some shape you are good to go!
- Spread the ingredients onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 mins.
- 4 large tomatoes blended
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbls oregano
- 3 basil leaves
- pinch of salt and Pepper
- 1/2 sweet onion minced
- In a sauce pot add olive oil and onions and sauté over medium heat
- Once translucent, add garlic and sauté until brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
After 15 mins is complete, remove crust from the oven and spread sauce over crust.
Add your favorite cheese, I always go for the low-fat skim mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 8 mins and enjoy!